How the United States Lost the Second World War

During the Cold War, German fascism and the Third Reich did not disappear as is commonly believed but rather survived underground and achieved a very real political and economic victory over the Allies. In the aftermath of World War I, the German Nazis learned that anti-communism could be used to achieve strategic leverage over Germany's prospective enemies such as Great Britain and the United States. The Third Reich utilized this stratagem to establish Fifth Column movements in countries they had targeted for conquest. Those movements were composed largely of sympathizers who viewed the Third Reich as a bulwark against communism.

The Third Reich sought to escape the full consequences of military defeat in World War II by playing the anti-Communist card again. When it became clear that the armies of the Third Reich were going to be defeated, it opened secret negotiations with representatives from the Western Allies. Representatives on both sides belonged to the transatlantic FINANCIAL and INDUSTRIAL fraternity that had actively supported fascism... Viewed by the Nazis as a vehicle for surviving military defeat, [this collaboration] involved a Hitler-less Reich joining with the [international financial cults of] U.S., Britain, France and other European nations in a transatlantic, pan-European anti-Soviet alliance (This has apparently led to their European Economic Community -- later known as the European Community or E.C. -- conquest of Europe via economic manipulation rather than through force). The de-Nazification of Germany was aborted. Although a few of the more obvious and obnoxious elements of Nazism were removed, Nazis were returned to power at virtually every level and in almost every capacity in the Federal Republic of Germany. A Hitler-less Reich then was incorporated into the anti-Soviet alliance the Third Reich's leaders had envisioned - NATO.

The Reinhard Gehlen spy organization, functioned as a Trojan Horse vis-a-vis the United States. By deliberately exaggerating Soviet intentions and capabilities in order to alarm the United States, the Gehlen organization greatly exacerbated cold-war tensions and manipulated them to Germany's advantage.

Perhaps the most important effect of the Gehlen organization was to introduce "rollback" or "liberation theory" into American strategic thinking. Rollback was a political warfare and covert operation strategy which had its genesis in the Third Reich Ostministerium headed by Alfred Rosenberg. This strategy entailed enlisting the aid of dissident Soviet ethnic minorities to overthrow the Soviet Union. In return, these minorities and their respective republics were to be granted nominal independence while serving as satellite states of "Greater Germany."

In its American incarnation, liberation theory called for "rolling back" communism out of Eastern Europe and the break-up of the Soviet Union into its constituent ethnic Republics. Lip-service was given to initiating democracy in the 'liberated' countries. Liberation theory was projected into mainstream American political consciousness through the Crusade for Freedom. This enormous CIA domestic media campaign not only established liberation theory as a dominant element in American strategic thinking but also projected European fascists associated with the Gehlen milieu into positions of prominence within the powerful ethnic voting blocks in America.

The Gehlen imports combined with domestic reactionary elements to form a powerful fascistic and ultimately triumphant political engine referred to as the "rollback" or "liberation milieu."

The liberation milieu cemented its triumph in American politics through the assassination of President Kennedy. The program highlights the roles of Gehlen-related elements and intelligence agents associated with the PETROLEUM industry (as in the Rockefeller-connected EXXON, ZAPATA and ATLANTIC RICHFIELD or ARCO oil companies) in the JFK assassination. Particular emphasis is on George Bush's connections to this milieu as well as the milieu's relationship to the defense industry, military intelligence and CORPORATE America.

The Reagan and Bush administrations was the realization of the goals of liberation theory as well as the fulfillment of National Security Counsel #68. NSC 68 was the blueprint for U.S. strategy during the Cold War. Heavily influenced by the work of the Gehlen organization, NSC 68 called for the destabilization of the U.S.S.R. through a massive military buildup by the U.S. The strategy sought to bankrupt the Soviet economy through an arms race and to promote agitation among the dissident Soviet ethnic groups by Gehlen-related intelligence elements. In addition, the document called for an accompanying propaganda blitz in the United States to convince the American people to support the military buildup as well as the suppression of political dissidents.

The Reagan and Bush administrations instituted the principles of NSC 68 and accomplished the aims of liberation theory. The realization of those goals also did enormous damage to the United States. The cost of bankrupting the Soviet Union, turned the United States into the world's biggest debtor nation, severely damaged its infrastructure and crippled its competitive economic advantage internationally. In addition, the United States badly compromised its democratic institutions during the Cold War, possibly beyond repair.

The realization of liberation theory primarily benefited GERMANY rather than the United States. Indeed, the recovery of Germany's "lost territories" was the goal of Gehlen's alliance with the western powers and was the raison d'etre for the Vertriebene groups. Founded by the SS and funded by the German government, the Vertriebene groups were part of the liberation milieu described above. (Note: Is it any coincidence then, that the true NERVE CENTER of the European Community or E.C. aka the 'New World Order' is GERMANY?). Their activity has increased dramatically since the end of the Cold War. The BND, the current German government intelligence service and the final incarnation of the Gehlen organization, has been extremely active in the newly 'liberated' territories where it has worked hand in glove with major German corporations and the various Nazi parties of Germany to realize Hitler's goal of a "greater Germany."

Gehlen was responsible for reviving the Nazi German General Staff after the war by placing his agent Adolf Heusinger in charge of the German General Staff.

It is quite true that General Gehlen had engaged the former Chief of Wehrmacht Opertions for a purpose other than his espionage service. The West German spy boss did not at that time think of confining himself to merely collecting and sifting information. Two years before Adenauer offered soldiers to the Allies, General Gehlen was, with General Heusinger, already engaged in assembling a new general staff high command.

~Der Spiegel, February 29, 1956

The Heusinger Wehrmacht were involved in the space race (remember, it was the Germans who started rockets, “flying saucers,” etc.). The book Heusinger of the Fourth Reich by Charles R. Allen, Jr., said:

The conservative columnist Edgar Ansel Mower on September 28, 1962 reported that the West German newspaper 'Die Welt' of Hamburg devoted a lengthy series to the vigorous efforts being made by the West German Defense Ministry to perfect ‘death rays’ (LASERS) which, when fired from a space platform, would burn, vaporize. destroy any known matter and material by its fantastic energy concentration of millions of watts, and from the distance of the Moon would take exactly 1.3 seconds to kill.

~Long Island Daily Press, September 28, 1962

Note they were talking, in 1962, of lasers from a Moon base.

During World War II that war, U.S. intelligence was split between the Department of War (Army), Department of Navy, and a myriad of satellite organizations within the government under executive jurisdiction. Due to the code-breaking successes of the joint military intelligence program ULTRA and MAGIC, German and Japanese top secret communications became compromised. Most of the sensitive communication concerned critical axis military operations, but a small set of mysterious Nazi communications were dispatched to executive intelligence departments reporting directly to President Roosevelt, and later Truman. General William Donovan, director of the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) put together a memorandum that summarized these special communications:

1. The reports of 'Foo-fighter' craft were eagerly sought by Reichsführer Himmler.

2 Occult materials and artifacts were to be sent to Berlin for in-depth study.

3. Experimental subjects were sought with genetic predisposition tothe occult.

4. Information about human survival under extreme conditions was being gathered
5. The Nazis were expending great intelligence energies against the USSR.

6. Security was extreme around underground facilities at Peenemünde,Wiener Neustadt

7. Research was underway on Rockets, jet turbines, lightwave devices, and atomic devices.

8. Certain global coordinates were to be occupied by the Nazis at all costs. One location was near Washington DC, and others were located around the world at ancient religious sites.

The reports were noted, but in the confusion surrounding the end of the war, most were forgotten as Germany fell, and the Manhattan Project reached its conclusion against the Japanese Imperial Forces. The only communication to be acted upon was the hasty construction of the Pentagon, erected in January 1943 to enclose the Nazi coordinates of interest.

After the Nuremberg trials, an enclave of desperate top Nazi scientists, psychologists, intelligence operatives, and doctors hiding in Germany contacted the US. They convinced President Truman and a contingency of intelligence officials to engage in a series of secret briefings on Nazi war research, to be held in Washington DC. They would not allow the US to obtain these materials unless they could meet Truman personally. Eager not to let this purported technology fall into the hands of Communist Russia, Truman agreed. Allen Dulles and General Donovan were among those to accompany the president in these secret briefings. Truman was met with Nazi intelligence leader Reinhard Gehlen who disclosed documents on secret research projects.

Truman realized the wide implications of the information, and a top-secret program was begun to research these craft, and to make sense of the many captured Nazi documents. Shortly thereafter, in September 1946, Truman authorized Project Paperclip to bring these individuals into the country. President Truman utilized the newly formed Central Intelligence Group, under the direction of Adm. Sidney W. Souers (MJ-8), to maintain the strictest control over the investigation. In short succession, General Hoyt S. Vandenberg (MJ-5) and Vice Adm. Roscoe Hillenkoetter (MJ-1) were to be brought in as directors of Central Intelligence as secret duties were assigned.

On July 2, 1947, a damaged saucer impacted the desert near Roswell Army Air Field in New Mexico. Scattered debris, the damaged ship, and the bodies of four dead aliens were recovered and sent to secure facilities. Additional experts were brought onto the project. The medical biologist and physiologist Dr. Detlev Bronk (MJ-6), Astronomer Dr. Donald Menzel (MJ-10), and aeronautical engineer Dr. Jerome Hunsaker (MJ-7). In addition to these civilians, it was deemed necessary to bring in the military scientific heads of the Joint Research and Development Board's Dr. Vannevar Bush (MJ-2) and his assistant Dr. Lloyd Berkner (MJ-12).

Things began to happen that month. The military chain of command was reorganized and renamed. Top chiefs of the Army, Navy, and Air Force were brought into confidence as well, due to the profound military implications. Namely, Gordon Gray (MJ-9), James V. Forrestal (MJ-3) and Gen. Hoyt Vandenberg (MJ-5) respectively. In 1950, Gen. Walter Bedell Smith (MJ) replaced Forrestal after his suicide at Bethesda Naval Hospital. Much later, after some disagreements in 1949 and 1954, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Omar N. Bradley (MJ) was admitted to Majestic-12 to help oversee critical and sensitive work.

The formal investigation of the Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) phenomenon began in December 1947 as Project Sign. The project was to direct their investigation reports directly through the Intelligence division of the Air Materiel Command headed by Gen. Twinning. Their reports were circulated too widely, so Gen. Vandenberg ordered Project Sign's Top Secret Estimate of the Situation report destroyed. The project felt that UFO's were interplanetary in origin. All of the top members of the project were reassigned, and Project Grudge was formed from the project remnants to make sure that there would not be any more security leaks like this in the future.

The scientific analysis of the new wreckage was begun in the fall of 1947 under the direction of Vannevar Bush. Together with the earlier research, three top scientists at Bell Laboratories were able to make sense of crystal electronic fragments as electronic amplifiers, and sketched out their function. Drs. John Bardeen, Walter H. Brattain, and William B. Shockley were quickly able to produce crude examples completely made from terrestrial materials created in associated labs. Microscopically blended composite materials were discovered but could not be duplicated. The theory of holography was detailed in 1948, but the first masers and lasers were not to be developed until after 1953. It was imperative that the sources for these materials be kept secret, and discrete scientists with top secret clearances be used whenever possible.

The greatest unknown at the time concerned the aliens themselves. None had survived to be interrogated by US personnel as to their intentions or motives for visiting the planet. After in-depth analysis of postwar Nazi and US intelligence on Russia, it was surmised that experiments were currently underway in the fields of parapsychology and mind control techniques. Could this be an indication that they were in possession of an alien themselves? Possibly, the Nazi's alien could have been recovered by their armies when they first advanced into Berlin before the other allies could arrive. Once again, the sinister cables concerning Nazi experiments into truth drugs, mind control, studies on the occult and psychic abilities of trauma victims and children of multigenerational occult families were brought to the forefront.

The US was baffled as to what to do. Truman reluctantly decided that the US initiate studies that paralleled the indicated lines of studies of both the Nazis and the Russians. In late July 1947, the National Security Council was formed under executive secretary Rear Adm. Sidney Souers (MJ-8) as part of this research initiative, focusing on the abilities of individuals to communicate telepathically. In September 1947, the Central Intelligence Group was reorganized, compartmentalized, and renamed the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA). This group was chartered to seek global intelligence concerning research into these matters, especially targeting the Russians.

In the fall of 1947, the US Navy initiated Project Chatter, under the pretense of national security against the threat of communism. It was just the first of many programs that served as a screen for continuing the German mind control, truth drugs, and psychic programs. Project Chatter dealt with psychoactive drugs, hypnosis, experimental sonics, and the radio frequency control of human thought and behavior. The acquired scientists and doctors were of invaluable assistance to these projects, and given access to the most advanced technologies of the time.

In 1949, communist paranoia reached greater heights. The Russians had succeeded in their first nuclear detonation, and war criminals put on trial had eerie and zombie-like confessions to outlandish war crimes. The US was alarmed that the Soviets possessed powerful mind-control drugs and hypnotic techniques that could break the mind. Communist China entered the picture as the Korean War unfolded.

In April 1950, the CIA began Project Bluebird in an attempt to recreate the Soviet research using drugs, electronics, and hypnosis. Combinations of sodium amytal, benzedrine, and picrotoxin were used to induce a trancelike amnesia in subjects suspected to be double agents. These initial experiments were performed in Japan, roughly one month after the start of the Korean War. None seemed to produce what we were looking for, adult psychic ambassadors that could not be swayed.

In August 1951, the project was renamed Project Artichoke, and was run jointly by the CIA and military intelligence. It was to explore the possibility of controlling a person's mind, physical actions, and psychic abilities. It utilized interrogation, drugs, polygraphs, hypnosis, electro-psycho techniques, psycho-surgery, supersonic and ultrasonic waves, and explored Extra Sensory Perception (ESP) under these conditions. By using repeated electro-shock treatments on subjects, various vegetative and amnesic states could be produced, and new memories put in their place. Admittedly, the project drifted from its initial tenets when it was discovered that the amnesia was relatively permanent and undetectable. With the discovery of a new drug, Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD), it was hoped that the trance states it produced would bring us closer to the goal of creating psychically capable communicators who were utterly loyal to humanity.

On September 6, 1950, radar followed an unidentified object following a long trajectory through the atmosphere. It landed in the El Indio- Guerrero area of the Texas-Mexican border. Sandia Base commander Gen. Robert Montague for the Atomic Energy Commission installation in Albuqueque, New Mexico was quickly dispatched on a recovery mission, instructed to keep utmost secrecy and security. The remains of a crashed saucer and three injured aliens were rushed to Sandia Base. Two of the aliens died of injuries sustained at the crash, but the third one lived. A special team of psychic ambassadors, military, and medical personnel gathered there within days. The psychics were never able to penetrate what appeared to them as a psychic wall of defense, strange bouts of hypnotic amnesia, and alien attempts at mind-control. It remained uncommunicative in a lengthy solitary confinement. Later, the aliens and craft were to be moved to Scott AFB, in the new underground vault facility for reasons of security. In light of his discoveries, it was deemed necessary to involve Gen. Robert Montague (MJ-11).

President Truman had formulated a plan where these projects might remain in place across presidencies not harmonious to the basic tenets. This plan outlined the formation of Majestic-12, leaders in the military, scientific, and intelligence ranks that would always remain privy to the secret programs and initiatives in place. President-elect Eisenhower was found acceptable by MJ-12, and a briefing was made to appraise him of the situation. Eisenhower at first believed that Majestic should be expanded beyond just the twelve, due to the grave nature of the projects. He later resolved all his misgivings through compromise, and pressed for rapid results in all aspects of the project. In August 1953, Gen. Bradley retired from Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and was assigned to various projects that required less visibility and more mobility, to be discussed later.

In February 1953, Allen Dulles (MK), who was present at the first Nazi meetings, was promoted to director of the CIA. He brought the 1952 joint CIA / Army overseas project MKDELTA back on track. In April 1953, Dulles masterminded a new parent project of vast proportions into the area of mind research. It was code named MK/ULTRA or MKULTRA, due to the fact that the 'Mind Kontrolle' projects were initially founded on the ULTRA code breaking efforts. Over one hundred subprojects were under the umbrella of MKULTRA. A vast compartmentalized network of government facilities, hospitals, universities, and research centers each played small isolated parts of the whole picture. Intensive use was made of the acquired scientists, medical doctors, and intelligence operators. He expanded the scope of the research heavily into the occult and psychic phenomena. He convinced Majestic-12 that the trauma studies of children could not be ignored any longer if we were to maintain mind research on par with the Russians and Chinese. Some subprojects that did not adhere to basic rights of human decency were weeded out, but admittedly, there were abuses of the liberties these visionary programs required. The critical finding of MKULTRA was that a previously overlooked disorder called multiple personality disorder (MPD), appeared to be the key to solving the problems faced by Majestic-12's mission to contacting the aliens, while maintaining operatives in control of the situation.

In the early 1950's there became two schools of thought based on the MKULTRA research. One group suggested a more clinical approach to conditioning psychic operatives utilizing drugs, electronics, and hypnosis. MKULTRA experiments on adults used drugs such as LSD (and later Psilocybin) to induce a dissociative state or trance. The operator could coexist in what appeared to be a higher plane of spiritual existence. The subjects, however, were especially prone to negative suggestions, especially in outgoing personality types. This lack of control doomed this approach as it was initially proposed. On the other hand, psychic and spiritual communication was proven to be enhanced, and the state could be externally triggered without the reintroduction of drugs in many cases. No amount of hypnotic preconditioning would allow the subjects to reliably complete any tasks in the real world when they were trapped in the inner world of their trance state.

The other group suggested a trauma-based multiple personality disorder (MPD) operative. It was theorized that adult patients with the disorder could have further personalities (alters) split off that would be ideal operatives. Early MKULTRA experiments on adult victims of childhood trauma and abuse, exhibiting multiple personality disorder (MPD) revealed this general profile:

1. They were prone to enter a trance state (alter) either by external triggers, or internal command after extended training. The alter was fully awake, functional, and moderately undetectable to the untrained eye. They were able to effectively hide secrets.

2. Certain alters were found to possess a high level of psychic ability in telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition, electro-magnetic disruption, and telekinesis.

3. Although they could be made amnesic, paradoxically, the forgotten memories would be encapsulated in alters, with almost photographic clarity. They could not readily be trained to recall the information through external triggering, and were prone to be amnesic under stress.

4. The individuals appeared to rate phenomenally on the hypnotizability scale, would follow orders unerringly, and would exhibit qualities of extreme loyalty and duty. They tended to act stereotypically and highly ideosyncratically depending on how the presenting alter was originally formed in their childhood. Their behavior was erratic and unpredictable in their alter states.

Subsequent research was to remove most of the impediments described above, and introduce even more advantages. In the mid 1950's, a clandestine group within the MKULTRA program initiated a series of unauthorized trauma experiments on children between the ages of 6 to 12. The experiments were performed under the direction of Dr. Josef Mengele and Dr. Greenbaum, former doctors of Nazi Germany. Although their techniques were brought into harsh criticism, their results were astounding. It appeared that if a child with a disposition for MPD was systematically and scientifically exposed to trauma, the formation of specific types of alters and personality traits could be generated. Furthermore, the alters and personality functions could be recombined to exhibit any trait profile they wished. It was found that the youngest experimental subjects attained the highest levels of psychic abilities, and resistance to further trauma. They appeared to develop the disturbing ability to launch offensive psychic attacks on the experimenters themselves, rendering Dr. Mengele unconscious on one occasion for over an hour, but with no lasting harm. These facts were documented in their report to Dulles. Due to the outcry over their techniques, they were to be stripped of all security clearances at the end of the month. Using one of their youngest MPD subjects, they launched a successful psychic attack on President Eisenhower himself in 1955 in order to force the acceptance of their research. He was incapacitated for longer than expected. Subproject Monarch was created towards the end of that year.

Nazi Occultism, UFOs and Operation MKULTRA

Walter Stein, a native of Venice and an British intelligence agent, spent many years studying the occult in Germany during the 1920s and 30s. There he became well acquainted with a fellow student of the arcane arts, Adolf Hitler. Stein followed Hitler's occult involvement very closely, schooled himself from the same texts. Hence, Stein became the world's foremost authority on Nazi Occult activity outside of the party itself.

Stein soon became frantic over developments in Germany. Hitler's rise to power coincided directly with his initiation into The Secret Doctrine, a gathering of the most elite and powerful Mages in the world. Further, the core of the Nazi party leadership was dominated by powerful occultists. Stein realized that although they had studied occultism together, Hitler had traveled down the shadowed path of dark magic. Stein knew that Hitler's admission into The Doctrine could be disastrous for all those who opposed him. With this power and a cadre of dark mystics, Nazi Germany had a secret weapon the Allied forces would be ill-prepared to meet.

The Nazi mystics sensed Walter Stein's presence, and in 1933 he fled to England, narrowly escaping forced service into Germany's Nazi Occult Bureau. Upon arriving in England, Stein warned Winston Churchill of the impending danger posed by Hitler's indoctrination. It was clear that action must be taken to either quell Nazi progress in matters Arcane or find a way to match it. Stein had further grim news, however. Stein had uncovered evidence while spying on the Nazis that Hitler's English intelligence network was alarmingly extensive. There was little chance of an English counter-occult program remaining hidden from Nazi spies. Churchill had no choice but to contact President Roosevelt and ask the Americans for help. Churchill arranged a meeting between the crippled President and Stein.

Roosevelt was skeptical, but decided to leave no stone unturned in his efforts to defeat the Nazis. Less than a week after Walter Stein's meeting with Roosevelt, one of the President's most trusted advisors was placed at his disposal. Stein was charged with the creation of an organization whose purpose was to monitor and analyze Nazi Occult activity. Most importantly, the group was to devise counter-measures in the event that mundane firepower alone could not stop Hitler. This group became known among it's participants as The Watch. The Watch was an eclectic collection of individuals whose only common thread was power and influence. Stein was the group's unofficial leader. Roosevelt's advisor acted as the president's proxy. Eleven other members brought the total to thirteen. Most of the original thirteen were high-ranking Military Intelligence officers or scientists, the most notable exceptions being a Catholic Arch bishop and a powerful and respected U.S. Senator. FDR kept the existence of The Watch completely secret, even from the American government and military, to avoid the inevitable public backlash in the event that government-sanctioned occult research ever be uncovered.

Despite the doubts of President Roosevelt, over the next decade the Watch was consistently and horrifyingly successful. Only Stein was unshaken by discoveries that threatened the sanity of the other members of The Watch. The conspirators used their authority and positions to fund and conduct research into the occult, gradually expanding to all areas of paranormal and psychic investigation. The accomplishments of The Watch's occult and psychic research allowed them to undertake several successful missions that kept the Axis occult power in check. The Watch's wartime operations included the assassination, by both mundane and arcane means, of several leading Nazi occultists and the recovery of certain artifacts of mystical significance, including the famed Spear of Destiny. By 1945, The Watch had become extremely powerful organization, and yet remained completely hidden from the world.

The end of the World War II was in large part due to the success of The Watch's endeavors in destroying Nazi occult power. That ultimate success also meant the loss of the primary impetus for the Watch's activities. As usual with any powerful and motivated group, however, The Watch soon found another Focus. From the debriefing of Axis scientists and review of German military records, the conspirators learned that accounts by Allied airmen of mysterious German experimental aircraft, dubbed "Foo Fighters", were erroneous. Axis command records revealed that Luftwaffe pilots reported identical craft, and assumed them to be Allied experimental aircraft. This evidence, coupled with similar reports uncovered from accounts during World War I and earlier, convinced the Watch that the phenomena of Unidentified Flying Objects deserved attention and investigation. While continuing its occult and parapyschology research, The Watch redirected a large part of its manpower and resources toward the study of UFOs and their possible source. It would not have long to wait for answers.

By 1947, UFO sightings had become more frequent. The U. S. government and military decided to institute new programs todiscretely investigate these strange phenomenon. Monitoring these investigations, unseen, was The Watch.

The Roswell Incident

March 17, Cascade Mountain Range, Oregon:

The Watch's parapsychology team gathers a group of psychics together in a research center in the Cascade Mountains. The team was to test the range of their psychic abilities by attempting to contact a similar group in New England. The experiment yields spectacular but unexpected results. Contact is made, not with the target team, but instead with strange, unearthly minds. The contact lasts only thirteen seconds, but that brief time would change the course of history. Although they could make out little of what they mentally encountered, the psychics become certain of one thing: extraterrestrial life is present on Earth.

July 1, White Sands Proving Ground, New Mexico:

During the flight monitoring of a V-2 rocket fitted with advanced guidance systems, radar stations begin to track a UFO moving over the missile range erratically, but under apparent intelligent control.

July 2, White Sands Proving Ground, New Mexico:

Under direct orders of Brigadier General Martin Scanlon, a 24-hour radar vigil is established to track the object. Through a contact in General Scanlon's staff, The Watch learns of the developing situation.

July 3, White Sands Proving Ground, New Mexico:

The Watch convenes to decide on a course of action. Two options arise from the discussion. Some members of The Watch believe that the crew of the UFO could be contacted telepathically, using knowledge gathered from the March 17 contact and subsequent research. They propose that The Watch open a line of communication with the aliens and attempt a peaceful exchange of information. They are opposed by those members of Watch overwhelmingly concerned with the danger posed by an unknown intelligent extraterrestrial race. They recommend shooting the craft down and analyzing the technology, so that when later communications are initiated, something is known of the aliens. After a long and heated debate, a narrow majority decides to attempt peaceful communication. The mission is designated Operation Dove. The research team of parapsychologists and psychics in the Cascade Mountain research center is enlisted. They establish a base of operations on an isolated mesa in the New Mexico desert. Complete consensus had not been reached within The Watch. Those who opposed Operation Dove, convinced of the folly of contacting extraterrestrial unprepared, form a second team. This rogue group secretly meets and initiates Operation Pigeon Shoot.

July 4, White Sands Proving Ground, New Mexico:

While the Dove team waits on the mesa top for the UFO to reappear, Operation Pigeon Shoot readies itself in secret on the far side of the missile range. A V-2 rocket with the experimental guidance system is hastily reprogrammed and loaded with high explosives. The exact order of the events that follow is unclear. The following account of the incident has been reconstructed from the chaotic records that remain. At 21:18 (local time), radar contact is re-established with the UFO that had been tracked over the last four days. As the Dove psychics attempt to contact the crew of the craft mentally, Pigeon Shoot finalizes their preparations and awaits the launch command. A few minutes later, the alien craft appears to notice the psychics efforts, stops and hovers within sight of the mesa. Encouraged, the psychics redoubled their efforts. Presented with the stationary target they hoped for, the Pigeon Shoot team launches the rocket. Three events appear to have occurred nearly simultaneously. First, the psychics succeed in contacting the alien minds in the UFO. Second, the V-2 rocket detonates on the hull of the ship. Third, an intense psychic assault devastates the assembled psychics. The ship immediately begins to accelerate away at an incredible speed, but is fatally damaged. The craft touches ground once, gouging the earth and scattering debris over a large stretch of a ranch near Roswell. Several miles later, it crashes into a cliff side.

July 5, Roswell, New Mexico:

Prepared, in fact hoping, for this eventuality, Operation Pigeon Shoot springs into action. By dawn the next day, the final crash site is located and a recovery team is dispatched. The recovery team loads the wreckage, including four alien bodies, onto trucks for transport to Roswell Army Air Base for temporary storage. At Roswell, the wreckage is packed away and loaded onto cargo planes for transport to Fort Worth Army Air Field. By nightfall the day after the crash, some of the wreckage arrives at Fort Worth. The Watch's influence in the military allows the Pigeon Shoot team to operate freely at the Roswell and Fort Worth without fear of questioning. Although it is obvious to the soldiers stationed there that something was afoot, none ask any questions. While Operation Pigeon Shoot secures the alien wreckage, Operation Dove attempts to salvage what they could of their team. Of the nine psychics who attempted to make contact, two die almost immediately of cardiac arrest and brain hemorrhaging. Another actually bursts into flame. A fourth slips into permanent catatonia. Three more soon develop debilitating psychoses. Only two survive with their sanity intact. After nearly a full day of damage control and debriefing, the Dove leaders realize they have been betrayed by other members of The Watch. Moving quickly, the remnants of Operation Dove pull themselves together and attempt to outmaneuver their new enemies. Using what military pull they could immediately muster, and aided by a little psychic sleight-of-hand, Dove manages to redirect one of the cargo planes heading for Fort Worth to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. There, a Dove team secures the cargo. Unbeknownst to either group, the chaos at Roswell hid the actions of yet another group of Watch members. These individuals, some of the most powerful of the founding members of The Watch, learn of the split in their group and are dismayed. They commandeer another of the cargo flights and take the shipment to Washington, DC. They make certain that the shipment they appropriate includes an alien corpse and an impressive amount of crash debris. The group, the plane and the cargo mysteriously vanishes. A very long time would pass before any hint of their whereabouts would arise.

July 6, Roswell, New Mexico:

By 03:00 the day after the crash, all Watch personnel had been evacuated from Roswell Air Base and White Sands Proving Ground, believing that all traces of the crash had been recovered. All are mistaken. While patrolling his property that morning, a local rancher, Mack Brazel, finds the trough and debris left when the craft touched down briefly before crashing. Later in the day, he calls the Roswell sheriff to report his find. The sheriff in turn calls Captain Jesse Marcel at the Roswell Air Base, thinking the wreckage is the result of a military test.

Captain Marcel investigates the touchdown site, patrols the trench and gathers some of the debris. He loads up his jeep with debris and returns to the Base. The Base Commander, visions of promotion dancing in his head, issues a press release that the Army had recovered the wreckage of a UFO. This news reaches the Operation Dove team at Wright-Patterson AFB. A few well-placed calls are made, and Captain Marcel and the debris are immediately summoned to Wright-Patterson. Part of the Operation Dove team returns to Roswell to oversee the recovery of the debris at the ranch.

July 7, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio:

Under orders from Operation Dove, General Roger Ramey, the Commanding Officer of Wright-Patterson, holds a press conference in which the Roswell press release and its officers are portrayed as fools for having misidentified a weather balloon as a UFO. The embarrassed Captain Marcel is ordered to pose holding fragments of a weather balloon claimed to be the recovered debris. In Roswell, Operation Dove agents finish cleaning up the debris field and escort rancher Brazel to the Roswell Base for three days of questioning.

July 8, Roswell, New Mexico:

The debris collected from the ranch is sent to Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

July 9, Roswell, New Mexico:

Mack Brazel is released from custody at the Roswell Base and soon appears on a local radio show to confess. He explains that the UFO story was a hoax and that he knew the wreckage was just a balloon all along. The combination of this "confession" and the Watch's pressure on other witnesses keeps the incident under control. The American public accepts the story and the Roswell crash remains all but forgotten for over forty years...

In the aftermath of Operation Pigeon Shoot's betrayal of its comrades in Operation Dove, The Watch splits into two distinct groups. The stated purpose of both groups was the protection of the human race from the predation of extraterrestrial and supernatural forces. Beyond that, the two organizations developed diametrically opposed.


The remnants of Operation Dove regrouped at Wright-Patterson AFB and set up a temporary center of operations. In an attempt to avoid a recurrence of the damage caused by Pigeon Shoot's treachery, a new organizational pattern was imposed. The new organization, modeled after the secret mystical societies of Europe, was composed of small independent groups or "Cells". The original founding group became the master Cell and selected members for the first generation of Cells. Each offshoot Cell had only a single contact to the "parent" Cell, whose true identity remained unknown. These Cells in turn recruited members into "child" Cells as necessary,and the process continued until an extensive network was established. The Cell structure minimized the information that could be revealed inthe event hostile forces infiltrated or uncovered any particular Cell. Were this to happen, only the "child" Cell and its contact to the "parent" Cell would be compromised. The new organization, which continues to this day, was given the name Aegis, after Zeus' magic shield in Greek mythology. The Operation Dove members who formed Aegis' original "master" Cell came to be called Aegis Prime.

The Black Book

At the same time Aegis was forming, the members of Operation Pigeon Shoot started construction on a secret underground base in the New Mexico desert. This base was to become the research center and headquarters of a covert project within the U.S. military, answerable to no government authority and unknown to all but its agents and a few highly placed officials, who assured that any investigation was curtailed. The project was funded exclusively through the portion of the U.S. military budget assigned to covert or "Black" projects, leading the project's secret sponsor in the U.S. Senate to refer to it as The Black Book.

Relations between Aegis and The Black Book

Despite the original common purpose of Aegis and The Black Book, the circumstances leading to the division of The Watch resulted in a great deal of animosity between the two organizations. This enmity was heightened as the Focus of The Black Book slowly drifted away from the protection of the human race and toward the acquisition of alien technology and knowledge by any means necessary. The Book's Military-Industrial Complex backers demanded concrete returns on their investment of time, power and monies. To this end, The Book began making deals with extraterrestrial; working with them, rather than against them. Over the years, the alliance between The Black Book and both the Greys and the Saurians grew very powerful. Aegis took a much harder stance on human-alien communication, in response to the disastrous results of Operation Dove. Because of the close ties between the extraterrestrial and The Black Book, Aegis came to view The Black Book as just as much of a threat as the aliens themselves.

The 1950s: Smoke and Mirrors

The 1950s were an important period of growth for Aegis. Strong ties within the American intelligence community allowed Aegis Prime to create a number of powerful first generation Cells. These Cells were composed of high ranking officers from various agencies, giving Aegis Prime access to a large pool of information and resources. These Cells formed the backbone of the Aegis organization and established a strong foothold in the military and intelligence community, in particular the newly created U. S. Air Force and Central Intelligence Agency.

During the CIA's creation, Aegis Prime made certain that Aegis operatives were placed in key positions throughout the new organization. The newly commissioned agency was to become Aegis' primary powerbase in the intelligence community, complimenting the military resources gained through the similar "guidance" Aegis Prime provided to the fledgling United States Air Force. The CIA soon became Aegis' single largest source of operatives and information. The free reign given to the new agency by the U. S. government allowed Aegis operatives to work under the auspices of the CIA without fear ofinvestigation.

Capitalizing on Cold War paranoia and rumors that Red China and the Soviet Union were achieving incredible results in their research into "brain-washing" techniques, the Central Intelligence Agency commenced research programs on mind control and human behavior modification. Aegis operatives monitored the programs, waiting to step in and take control of any that began to produce useful results. Should such results occur, the operatives would intercept and falsify reports to the CIA Inspector General so that only failure or very limited success would be revealed. In this manner, Aegis subverted any successful program's resources, and transferred the knowledge and further research to their benefit. Not all successful projects were "secured" by Aegis Cells, however. Some projects lacked properly positioned agents, others were just too distasteful. Still others were cancelled without warning or explanation, or ended with the sudden disappearance or death of a key researcher. These mysterious events lead Aegis to conclude that at least some ofthe CIA's secret mind control projects ended up in the hands of The Black Book.

The fear of Communist superiority in any area provided a smokescreen and apparent motive for a wide range of behavior modification projects conducted by the CIA. Early projects such as BLUEBIRD and ARTICHOKE concentrated on a few specific techniques, most commonly mind-altering drugs, hypnosis and brain surgery. These projects resulted in some impressive successes, but the most ambitious and successful project by far was MKULTRA.

The MKULTRA Project was in fact several research projects combined into one. Widely disparate subjects were being investigated, such as psychoactive drugs, hypnosis, sensory deprivation, cerebral implants, microwave radiation, Extra Sensory Perception and brainwashing through cult indoctrination. Most of these topics had been studied previously, and MKULTRA broke little new ground in each field independently. What made MKULTRA so successful was its study of the interaction and combination of these varied disciplines. These experiments yielded the MKULTRA team two very impressive programs.

Through a combination of cerebral implants, psychoactive drugs and microwave transmitters, the MKULTRA scientists were able to create hidden split personalities. The test subjects were completely unaware of their condition and exhibited normal, obedient behavior until the introduction of a triggering stimulus, often via radio or microwave transmission. The triggering stimulus induced a trance-like state in which the subjects would carry out preprogrammed orders without hesitation or question. After the mission or task was completed, the subject would revert back to a normal state, completely unaware of actions taken while in the induced trance. These individuals were often used as covert assassins or couriers, unaware of their own role and therefore nearly undetectable.

MKULTRA's experimentation involving parapsychology led another research group to develop a strong psychic Warfare (Psi-War) program. These parapsychologists took individuals who showed an aptitude for extra-sensory perception and subjected them to a regimen of psychoactive drugs, hypnosis, sensory deprivation and advanced meditation techniques. The result was a group of powerful psychics capable of impressive feats of psychic power in several disciplines. Unfortunately, the treatments often left the psychics addicts, insane, or worse.

The Psi-War program in particular caught the attention of Aegis operatives within the CIA. They prepared to take control of the MKULTRA project by the usual means. Before this power shift could be fully realized, however, rumors of the MKULTRA project and specifically the Psi-War program found their way to the public and the news media. Public outrage caused a Congressional investigation during which the CIA downplayed the success of the program and emphasized that the subjects were all volunteers, which was not, in many cases, true. The investigation caused the official end of the MKULTRA project in 1963. But as was often the case, the project lived on, hidden from the public, and exempt from congressional inquires or other governmental accounting. The new MKULTRA project remains to this day wholly under Aegis control.

As more and more Americans reported UFO sighting in the early 50s, the military's official denial of the phenomenon became increasingly suspect. Such categorical denial quickly became as much a cause of speculation as the origin of the UFOs. In 1952, the U.S. Air Force gave in to the public pressure to "do something" about UFOs and created Project BLUEBOOK, an official Air Force investigation into such reports. Given its subject matter, BLUEBOOK soon came to be entirely, although secretly, controlled by Aegis. It was Aegis' intention to use BLUEBOOK as a smoke screen for Aegis operations and as a source for public disinformation.

To reduce the possibility of a link being discovered between Project BLUEBOOK and Aegis, the BLUEBOOK staff contained no Aegis operatives. BLUEBOOK was a legitimate and official Air Force project, although Aegis made certain that the personnel chosen for the project were predisposed toward skepticism of the phenomenon.

The primary instrument of Aegis' control over the BLUEBOOK was another Air Force project completely hidden from the public eye, Project MOONDUST. Project MOONDUST was created in 1953 and charged with "the retrieval and exploitation of crashed foreign spacecraft". Within top military circles, MOONDUST's stated purpose was the recovery and examination of downed Soviet and Eastern Bloc spacecrafts and satellites, but the MOONDUST charter clearly made it responsible for the recovery of extraterrestrial spacecraft as well. For this role it was exploited heavily by Aegis, and was staffed almost exclusively by Aegis personnel. All UFO reports were filtered through Project MOONDUST before transmission to Project BLUEBOOK, and only those reports deemed of little significance or validity were passed on.

At the end of its study, Project BLUEBOOK concluded that there was in fact no substantial evidence to support claims that UFOs were anything but misidentified terrestrial crafts, weather phenomena orhallucinations. The Project's report was widely accepted by the populace and proved quite effective at undermining the credibility of those UFO reports that followed.

National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena

As always, there were those who were not convinced by BLUEBOOK's investigations and who saw the final BLUEBOOK report as the disinformation it was. Many of these people investigated UFOs and related phenomena on their own, attempting to uncover the truth and form their own conclusions. The most dangerous of these truth-seekers formed civilian investigative groups to better share information and resources. Fortunately for Aegis, these groups were often much too eager to recruit new members for their own good. Aegis Cells had little trouble infiltrating the organizations, subverting what information they managed to uncover, and guaranteeing that they never got too close to important information. Many of these groups were much more interested in finding evidence to support their pet theories than conducting serious investigations. This made them ideal mouth pieces for Aegis lies, and further degraded the credibility of all such organizations.

One civilian organization stood apart from the majority. This group could not be easily dismissed given the credibility of its membership. In 1956, Navy physicist Thomas Brown founded NICAP, the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena, an Unidentified Flying Objects and related events study group. Although NICAP was a civilian organization and contained many well-known civilian UFOlogists, a disturbingly large number of members were retired Air Force and CIA personnel. The Aegis operatives who were monitoring the group became acutely aware that many of the NICAP members had secret agendas. The operatives learned that some NICAP members were reporting back to groups within the CIA and other Intelligence Community organizations. Other members seemed to be working for an organization or organizations that Aegis could not identify. Due to the extent of NICAP's infiltration by agents from outside organizations with unknown objectives, little of the data it managed to collect can be trusted. Also, Aegis' inability to identify all the organizations operating within NICAP made Aegis Prime more paranoid than ever. Despite all this, NICAP served Aegis as a fertile ground for recruiting well-connected operatives and Cells.

During the 50's, Aegis often uncovered evidence that secret organizations, other than The Black Book, were at work within the US government. The most puzzling document discovered by a Cell within the CIA described the creation of a secret organization charged within vestigating UFOs and alien phenomena in response to a "flying saucer" crash near Roswell, New Mexico in 1947. The document detailed that group's members including high level government and military officials and respected scientists, and that its designation was The Majestic 12. The document, while superficially convincing, was plagued with errors that undermined its credibility. To those familiar with the actual events at Roswell, it was obviously a work of disinformation. Still, the events described in the MJ-12 document were uncomfortably close to the actual events, and the composition of the fictitious MJ-12 was reasonably close to that of The Watch. Aegis believed that either the writers of the document knew at least partially what really happened at Roswell, or were being fed information by someone who did. But the questions remained, who wrote the document and what were their intentions? Unable to determine if the document represented the discovery of themselves or The Watch or neither, Aegis destroyed the MJ-12 document and waited. They observed no reaction and the document did not immediately reappear. Aegis Prime grew even more paranoid.

MKULTRA Bibliography:

Condon, Richard: The Manchurian Candidate (Jove Pubns, 1959/re-issue 1988; ISBN: 0515094412). Constantine, Alex: CIA Mind Control Operations in America (Feral House, 1997; ISBN: 0922915458)
Gross, Peter, Gentleman Spy: The Life of Allen Dulles (Houghton Mifflin, 1994).
Lee, Martin A, & Bruce Shlain: Acid Dreams - The Complete Social History of LSD: The CIA, the Sixties, and Beyond (Grove Press, 1986; ISBN: 0802130623)
Marks, John, The Search for the "Manchurian Candidate": The CIA and Mind Control (Times Books, 1979).
Thomas, Evan, The Very Best Men (Simon & Schuster, 1995).
Weinstein, Harvey: Psychiatry and the CIA - Victims of Mind Control (Amer Psychiatric Pr, 1990; ISBN: 0880483636 )
Mark Zepezauer, The CIA's Greatest Hits (Odionan, 1994).

Nazis and Esoteric Thinking Bibliography:

Michael Edwardes. The Dark Side of History: Magic in the Making of Man (London: Hart-Davis MacGibbon, 1978).
Michael FitzGerald. Storm-Troopers of Satan: An Occult History of the Second World War. (London: Robert Hale, 1990)
Nicholas Goodrick-Clarke. The Occult Roots of Nazism: Secret Aryan Cults and Their Influence on Nazi Ideology (New York: St. Martin's Press, 1992).
Kevin McClure. Nazi UFOs
Michael Howard. The Occult Conspiracy (London: Rider, 1989).
Guido von List. Secret of the Runes (Rochester, VT: Destiny Books, 1988).
Guido von List. Der Unbesiegbare (The Invincible) (Runa-Raven Books, 1996).
Louis Pauwels & Jacques Berger. The Morning of the Magicians. (London: Granada Publishing, 1971). Hermann Rauschning. The Return of Nihilism: Warning to the West (New York: Alliance Book Corporation, 1939).
Trevor Ravenscroft. The Spear of Destiny (New York: G. P. Putman's Sons, 1973).
Frederick C. Redlick. Hitler: Diagnosis of a Destructive Prophet (New York: Oxford University Press, 1999). H.R. Trevor-Roper (ed.). Hitler's Table Talk, 1941-1944 (London: Weidenfeld and Nicholson, 1953).